Saturday, January 24, 2009

D. in his favorite toy

D. loves this toy, and slobbering all over his toys. He actually went from 8:40 pm til 5:30 am last night between feedings with only one 60-min interruption! That is a huge, HUGE improvement on the hourly and semi hourly interruptions we've had for the past month. I was feeling so zombie-like, and after talking to a friend, go up the nerve to take away his pacifier and swaddling blanket and let him figure out how to self soothe. At 5:30 A. woke up to use the potty, and then D. woke up to eat. They both went right back to sleep and before I knew it, it was 8:50 am!!!!!!!!!! I can't remember getting this much sleep. D. also self soothed for his first nap of the day! Yipee to better sleep for mom!

3 comments:

April said...

I am so glad that he is doing better and good idea with the paci... around this age Mason would have given it up but I wouldn't let him because we still had our trip to Utah in the summer... anyway turns out now he is obsessed, hopefully I can get it away before he gets married, haha! he is getting so big :)

April said...

I meant D is getting so big, not Mason....

Anonymous said...

Stacey, I found your blog off Danette's. I thought I would comment so you can find ours if you want. We have to show McKinlee pictures of A. every so often because she misses her princess pal, so it will be nice to keep up with your blog.